Let’s take a look at this easy delicious mini Kolaches recipe. These are perfect for a quick breakfast and dessert, and brunch.
What makes this so recipe easy is refrigerated biscuits from the grocery store are the dough.Jump to Recipe
What Are Kolaches?
Where Are These Pastries From?
The Kolache is a Czech pastry and is normally made from yeast dough. These are normally filled with fruit however cheese is added too.
I have made these using apricot, poppy, and all sorts of sweet pastry fillings.
Why Make Individual Desserts?
Benefits Of Individual Desserts
There are several reasons why someone might choose to make individual desserts:
- Portion Control: Individual desserts allow for better portion control. This is especially important for people who are watching their calorie intake or trying to maintain a healthy diet.
- Presentation: Individual desserts can be more visually appealing than large desserts. They can be dressed up with fancy garnishes or arranged in an attractive way.
- Convenience: Individual desserts can be easier to serve and transport than a large dessert. They can be pre-portioned and packaged, making them perfect for picnics or parties.
- Customization: Individual desserts allow for more customization. Guests can choose their own flavor or toppings, which can make for a more personalized experience.
- Creativity: Making individual desserts can be a fun way to get creative in the kitchen. There are endless possibilities when it comes to flavor combinations, shapes, and decorations.
Overall, making individual desserts can be a great way to add some variety and excitement to your dessert game.
Why I Make Mine With Biscuits
The Reason I Use Biscuits
I came up with the idea to use refrigerator store biscuits being very busy during an event and decided to take a shortcut. These are a family and friend favorite especially because they are smaller in size and light.
I use the Pillsbury Buttermilk Flaky Layers Biscuits brand I have been using this brand to make these easy mini pastry recipe for years.
Preheat the Oven to 375 degrees F
Easy Mini Kolaches Recipe
Step: 1 Split Canned Biscuits In Half
First thing, open the biscuit can and split the pieces in half. This is how to make this mini size dessert recipe. This is a straightforward step to do.
Step: 2 Melt Butter In The Microwave
Next step, melt 3 tablespoons of salted butter in a small microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds. If it isn’t all melted, no worries. stir or swirl the bowl a bit and it will melt. Dip one side of the biscuit half in the melted butter.
Dip one side of the dough in the butter and place the butter side up.
Optional: dip the other side of the dough too for an extra buttery Kolache. This makes these mini pastries extra delicious.
In the meantime, cut 2 tablespoons of butter for the crumb topping. Also, open your pie filling. I always use Solo brand and every flavor is delicious. However, my favorite flavors are raspberry and almond which I’m using for this simple recipe for dessert.
You can use the brand of pie filling you enjoy but this is fantastic filling!
*As an Amazon Associate and other Affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases*
As an Amazon Associate and other Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission with no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own
Make The Dough Flat
Step 3: Flatten Biscuits Slightly
Use your fingertips to slightly flatten dough rounds and add a bit of the pie filling to the center of the flattened biscuit.
Combine Sugar, Butter, And Sugar
Step 4: Mix Together Sugar, Butter, And Sugar With Pastry Cutter
Next, make the pastry topping add 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of flour. Use a pastry cutter or a small fork, combine these ingredients to form a crumble topping, and set aside.
Finally, add the crumble mixture generously around the top of the mini Kolaches pastry.
Adding the crumble topping on the small size biscuit tops desserts.
Bake for 10 minutes until they are lightly brown and serve.
These are a HUGE crowd-pleaser and fly off my table!
Easy Delicious Mini Kolaches Recipe
- 2 small microwave safe bowls
- 1 fork or pastry cutter
- 1 muffin top pan Link will be available at the bottom for the cake pan
- 1 small spoon
- 1 tube Pillsbury Buttermilk Flaky Layers Biscuits
- 5 tbsp butter 3 tbsp butter melted, 2 tbsp of butter for the crumble topping
- 1 or 2 cans Solo Pastry Filling Flavor is your choice or your favorite pie filling brand
Step 3: Flatten Biscuits SlightlyUse your fingertips to slightly flatten dough rounds and add a bit of the pie filling to the center of the flattened biscuit.
Step 4: Combine Sugar, Butter, And Sugar With Pastry CutterNext, make the pastry topping add 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of flour. Use a pastry cutter or a small fork, combine these ingredients to form a crumble topping, and set aside. Finally, add the crumble mixture generously around the top of the mini Kolaches pastry. Adding the crumble topping on the small-size pastry tops for these small desserts. Bake for 10 minutes until they are lightly brown and serve. These are a HUGE crowd-pleaser and fly off my table!
I hope you enjoyed this delicious mini Kolaches recipe and will make some! If you have any questions, send an email!
Posts Of Interest
Baking Must Haves Aways in My Kitchen
Click the link or picture to shop in one place!!