Today I’m sharing chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. What makes these easy cookies especially delicious is brown butter and peanut butter chips!
Alternative for peanut Allergies!
If you have a peanut allergy simply switch to white chocolate chips. This easy recipe will still be fantastic.
Do you need a simple cookie recipe for your Easter or Passover dessert table? This is a real crowd-pleaser and will fly off the table.
Incidentally, this snack is so quick to make it is well worth the moments it takes. I often make double batches and freeze them these cookies are that simple.
Ingredients and Items Needed:
- Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix with chips removed (save in a container for a later date)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Chocolate instant pudding
- 1 stick melted browned butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- Large handful of peanut butter chips
- Medium size mixing bowl
- wire whisk
- Heavy duty metal spoon
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheets
Step 1 Making This Simple Snack Recipe
Preheat oven to 350
Meanwhile, add parchment paper sheets to cookie sheets. These are worth every penny, especially for making cookies. They are the perfect size so there’s no waste.
Begin browning your butter for this recipe. Browning the butter especially for cookies is worth it because this is a game-changer in adding flavor.
Add the stick of butter to a small to medium pot. It’s particularly important to turn the gas on low. Once the butter begins to form a foam on top and is bubbling this is when to watch it closely. As it bubbles carefully tilt the pot slightly to see if the butter is turning an amber color.
This process will not take long. Keep watching the butter until it turns amber. Now turn the flame off and let the butter cool a bit.
First Step for the Batter
First add the chocolate chip cookie mix, 1/4 cup of flour and chocolate pudding mix together. Add them to a medium bowl whisk together to remove any clumps.
Adding the Eggs and Brown Butter to The Batter
Second Step for the Batter Adding Butter and Eggs
Now add the room temperature eggs and the cool butter to the mixture. Using a sturdy metal spoon mix the ingredients to combine. I use a metal spoon because a wooden spoon does not work as well. Trust me on this one!
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the brown butter in this batter. However, this is what it looks like. Notice the amber color?
*As an Amazon Associate and other Affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases*
This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and other Affiliates, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own
Step 4 Adding the Chips
When the batter is almost mixed add the chips and finish combining. That is it. Now how fast are these easy chocolate peanut butter chip cookies?
Again, if you have food allergies change these chips to white chocolate. They will be delicious!
Trust me these will fly off the table too!
Baking the Cookies
Step 5 Adding the dough to cookie sheets
Here using a cookie scoop add the dough to the cookie sheets about two inches apart. The scoop should be slightly rounded. I have found the cookies are better when they aren’t too large. Plus, I enjoy the snacks more because they are smaller, just saying.
Plus, we need chocolate on Easter, right?
I usually get three rows of three cookies. And use two cookie sheets.
These are great cookie sheets.
I use a cookie scoop for all my cookie baking. This helps keep the dough the same size. It works like a charm every time.
Step 6 Baking and Cooling These Goodies
Bake for 10-12 minutes. After they come out of the oven set a timer for 2 minutes and let the cookies sit on the sheets.
After the timer goes off let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
And enjoy this easy dessert!
This is another great cookie recipe I made Vanilla M&M Cookies or my dessert table.
These cookies literally fly out of my home. I have to make these all spring and summer long.
I hope you will give this recipe a try and trust me the brown butter is worth every second. And your family and friend will LOVE these cookies!
Are you hosting Easter or Passover this year? These quick chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips will be a a great addition for dessert.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 medium size mixing bowl
- 1 wire whisk
- 1 heavy metal spoon Wooden spoon don't work well when mixing the ingredients
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 2 metal cookie sheets
- 1 spatula
- 1 medium size pot
- 1 small cookie scoop
- 1 package Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix with chips removed save chips in a container for a later date
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 stick melted brown butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 1 large handful peanut butter chips if there are allergies white chips or butterscotch work well. I use a large handfull because a 1/4 of a cup is too much and overtakes the batter
- Preheat oven to 350
- cover cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Begin melting and browning the butter over medium/low heat. Wait for the butter to foam on top while melting. This begins the browning process.After there's a good amount of foam carefully tilt the pot to see if the butter is beginning to turn an amber color. This shouldn't take too long. As soon as you notice the amber color remove from the heat and let it cool a bit
- Now add the cookie mix, pudding mix and flour and whisk to combine and to remove clumps
- Next add the room temperature eggs and cooled butter to the mixture and combine slightly with a metal spoon
- Add the handful of chips to and combine well.
- Add a level scoop of the dough to the cookie sheets and bake for 12-13 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes
- Remove from the cookies and let them cool completely on a cooking rack