I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award by fellow blogger http://debtfreedecorating.wordpress.com/. I only started blogging a few months ago, but feel like I’m starting to get acquainted with some of my fellow bloggers. When I decided to start, I was hoping that people would respond to my blog which talks about DIY projects, faux finishing, gardening and other things related to my life.
The Sunshine Award comes with a few rules:
Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
- Answer some questions about yourself
- Nominate some other fabulous bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
I am a self-taught faux finisher and I have done a large number of pieces in my home. I learned mainly from watching HGTV (and trial and error, for sure) over the years, took some chances and things have turned out ok. I am also self-taught with stenciling and experimenting using plaster several occasions.
Well, I need to tell a little about myself and nominate some of the blogs that I follow (although space doesn’t allow me to mention every one)
- I loved cheerleading as a young child and young adult.
- I worked as an executive secretary and that led to me meeting the love of my life John. We have been married for 24 years.
- I helped take care of my mother who had a brain tumor and died and that taught me things about myself that I didn’t realize. It taught me to have strength; it made me realize the decision to be very close to my parents was a good decision. It taught me independence and most of all that I would be ok in the end without her.
- I have Multiple Sclerosis and it is hard for me to get around at times but that has made me incredibly strong inside and made me learn to fight and be as positive as possible.
- I take care of my home and my husband full-time and enjoy every minute of it and I learned over the years of doing so that it is ok to enjoy these things as opposed to having a career outside of my home.
- I live in Northern New Jersey (yes, I love Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi) and have lived in this area my whole life and love it dearly. It brings me joy and I have made many very good friends one of which is like a sister to me.
- I am a Mom to two beautiful miniature Dachshunds named Peanut and Reeses, they are brother and sister, who I love so very much and take care of them every day on my own which is huge with my MS. They keep me company, love me unconditionally, make me laugh and are a handful at times but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Peanut is my little girl she won’t leave my side. She wants me with her every minute and Reeses is my boy and he is more independent and has a feisty side to him (I’m sure I’ll put up a Peanut and Reeses Post(s) here as the year goes on, with some current photos, once I can wrangle the 2 of them of course, LOL).
- The following are my nominees…(see the links on the right too!):
Rooted in Thyme. I follow this blog often and I love her banner and the way it changes and think she is very creative. I adore the fact that they decided to do this blog to stay in touch with family and their kids.
Clover and Thyme. I just discovered her recently and Becky is a home schooler, loves to garden and she is quite good at it and she loves her home and her family very much.
Donna Heber. Besides from loving Donna’s page she is very talented with making cards they are always stunning. She is a talent to me and I often love posts. She also has a passion for gardening and fall is her favorite time of year and we have that in common for sure.
Embracing Change. Stacey has two little girls and loves crafting and decorating and is a talent.
French Garden House. Loves everything French, likes to find treasures and is an antiques dealer. I find her blog wonderful.